A 7 week telecourse on applying meditation and mindfulness practices to embracing, healing and integrating the subconscious self
“We have not understood yet that the discovery of the unconscious means an enormous spiritual task, which must be accomplished if we wish to preserve our civilization.” — C.G. Jung
Historically the trajectory of spiritual development in major spiritual traditions has been to ignore or repress the subconscious as the “false ego” and to practice “divine indifference”. Conversely the direction of many psychological schools has been to explore the subconscious aspects of the psyche and reject the transpersonal dimensions of human experience as illusory or neurotic. These trajectories are evolving and it is increasingly recognized that to grow in transpersonal dimensions it is necessary to embrace “shadow work”. It is also becoming apparent that transpersonal approaches of meditation and mindfulness are tremendously helpful in healing the fractured and wounded elements of the psyche. This course unifies these two trajectories in support of creating an experience of the integrated conscious, subconscious and superconscious mind and their co-creative joyful expression.
Sundays from 3:00 to 5:00 pm Pacific Time
February 4 to March 18, 2018
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand and delineate the conscious, superconscious and subconscious mind their associated states of consciousness
- Understand differences between the shadow, core wounds, exiled parts and healthy subconscious processes
- Be able to explain and identify the process of spiritual bypassing
- Learn to create, teach and apply in clinical practice a mindful compassionate state or “loving space” in which to facilitate subconscious integration
- Understand and apply in practice a “multiple self theory of personality” based on the works of Lester, Rowan, Vargiu, Stone, et.al.
- Know how to self-assess the level of one’s mindfulness meditation state using a Mindfulness Table of Subjective Landmarks
- Learn a new taxonomy of the subconscious which is based on human developmental stages and universal archetypal patterns
- Able to recognize and support progress through the five phases of subpersonality harmonization
- Methods for supporting subparts to recognize their essential contribution to the collective life of the person and their relationship to the transpersonal self (discovering the Buddha Nature of a subpart)
- Understand how to safely support subconscious healing and integration of clients with dissociative disorders
TO REGISTER: or contact Jerry Rosser at email@example.com
COURSE FEE: $210 for regular class or $280 for those taking the class for CEU’s.
COURSE SYLLABUS: 7 Sessions, meeting once a week with didactic and experiential learning including articles, diagrams, PowerPoint presentations and guided meditations (full syllabus available upon registration)
SELECTED REFERENCES ON MEDITATION AND THE INTEGRATION OF THE SUBCONSCIOUS:
Embracing Our Selves: The Voice Dialogue Manual by Hal Stone and Sidra Stone
A Multiple Self Theory of Personality by David Lester
Subpersonalities: The People Inside Us by John Rowan
Joyful Evolution: A Guide for Loving Co-creation with Your Conscious, Subconscious and Superconscious Selves by Gordon Davidson and Scott Hamilton